Live in Seattle (or visiting)? Looking for something fun to do with your kids this weekend? Come on over to my Seattle neighborhood, the Central District, and hopscotch your heart out on Saturday, June 11 from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. because Hopscotch C.D. 2016 is happening!
We’ve had a blast the past few years: Yard sales, free hotdogs, bouncy house, music…and as much hopscotch fun as you want. So HOP TO IT! Come join the festivities.
This year’s event is sponsored by Centerstone, a Seattle nonprofit who helps Seattle residents in need meet their basic needs and get on the path to self-sufficiency by providing food and immediate financial relief to pay energy bills and avoid eviction.
2016 Hopscotch C.DD. festivities include:
- 1 mile hopscotch route through the neighborhood (*route map coming soon)
- Free lunch from Dante’s Inferno featuring hot dogs, toppings galore, and chips
- Live DJ in Centerstone’s courtyard
- Kid Zone featuring a bouncy house, face painting, Play Street toys and activities, temporary tattoos, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and playground in the Firehouse Park adjacent to Centerstone
- Flavorful cuisine from local food trucks (available for purchase)
- Free tours of Centerstone’s historic firehouse building
Evening festivities (4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
- Live music featuring Lady A, Meter Music, and JeMonica
- Beer garden
- Live entertainment with comedy, a magician, hooping, break dancers and more!
Centerstone is located at 722 18th Ave. Most of the main events take place across the street at the Firehouse Mini Park at 712 18th Ave. (18th Ave. just north of E. Cherry St.). You can also get more up-to-date information and route maps for this year’s event on the Hopscotch C.D. Facebook page—HERE. The one-mile Hopscotch course winds through the nearby neighborhood, going as far south as 18th and E. Union S.
It’s all about the journey,
Additional event sponsors: Swedish Medical Center, Vulcan, Sound Oil, Sprage Israel Giles, Peterson Sullivan, and Capitol Hill Housing