Of late, we have been finding ways to enjoy our garden bounty. Last week I made gluten-free pizza (Thanks Udi’s!) with pesto (Thanks Cucina Fresca!), applewood smoked speck americano (Thanks La Quercia!), fresh arugula and mustard flowers (Thank you garden!). So simple–exactly what this busy-mom-of-a-toddler needs right now, and delicious. The smoked speck (a type of prosciutto) added an spectacular depth to our pizza, and proved to be the perfect companion for our spicy garden-fresh arugula and mustard flowers.
Here’s what I did:
- Defrosted two (one package) Udi’s Thin & Crispy Pizza Crusts.
- Slathered on a few tablespoons of our Seattle-made favorite pesto by Cucina Fresca.
- Placed La Quercia’s applewood smoked speck americano (one package was perfect for two pizzas) over the top of the pizzas.
- Tossed on (approximately 2 cups, loosely packed) fresh arugula from our garden.
- Sprinkled a few mustard and arugula flowers (sometimes I use chive flowers too), also from our garden.
- Added a bit more grated Parmesan cheese.
- Baked for 7 minutes in the pre-heated oven (350 F). Note: I put parchment paper on a cookie sheet and place the pizza on top of that.
Reveled in the deliciousness with my sweetheart, the pizza, a bottle of rose wine, and a picture-perfect Seattle evening.
Take the road less traveled, Beth
…and check out more yummy foodie posts on Wanderfood Wednesday!